Sunday, April 20, 2008

Painting with grandkids




This has been my distraction from watercolor for the past couple of weeks. I am painting with my grandkids on their bathroom walls. We are not finished yet, but what a lot of fun. The giraffe will be coming up from behind the toilet. The plan is to have the tree with the parrot go up over the window with more leaves, a butterfly and small bird. I think this will be a project they will remember for a long time. Both of them are good artists for their age. They are 6 and 9.

2 comments:

RH Carpenter said...

What great fun!!! And how brave, too :) Can't wait to see it all finished - and maybe a front view of you and the kids :)

Watercolors by Susan Roper said...

What fun! How encouraging is this for Grandmother and parents allowing them to paint on the walls instead of saying "don't do that"! They look to be doing a great job and I am sure enjoying it just as much as Grandma.

Susan