Thursday, December 11, 2008

Watercolor Wisconsin

The 2008 exhibit included 106 pieces by 93 artists chosen from 317 pieces submitted by 185 artists. I did not receive an award, but hey, I was amongst some of the NAMES in the watercolor scene. Peggy Flora Zalucha, Tamlyn Atkins, Jean Crane (Jean has her own recognizable style... while staying at one of the Royal Resorts in Cancun, each of the 500 units had two of her prints hanging in the livingroom), Helen Klebesadel, Lee Weiss, and some others.

What an honor to be among these famous artists. Now, I will have to try harder next year. Well, maybe not. If a painting happens, it happens. I remember years ago when I had a painting juried into the Georgia Watercolor Society show. After that, nothing I painted was good enough. That little guy sitting on my shoulder kept telling me give it up, you are not an artist. I listened and did not touch a brush for 5 years. I am determined that this will not happen again.

Anyway, I am extremely happy to have been a part of this show.

No comments: