Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Metal Point drawings

I have been experimenting with drawing with silver point and copper point. There is no erasing when you draw with the metals. I think that painting with watercolor and negative painting has helped me to accomplish this media. I have no clue if I am doing it right, but it is fun but very time consuming.
"Peony" is 8 x 10 silver point with watercolor wash. This was my first. I was not especially happy with it, so I decided to try a wash of color.


"Tree" is 10 x 14 is silver and copper point. This was my fourth. I must not have scanned the 2nd and 3rd, which are florals. I will and post them later. I like this one. I can't wait to see how it looks once it tarnishes.
"Rockwell Farm"  a 5 x 10 silver point was my 5th. The 4th one I did not finish. I scanned this one and on the scanned copy I painted on of the pine trees, added Christmas lights, add a wreath to the barn and then printed it on 8.5 x 11 card stock, folded it and used it as my Christmas card. I liked it and received many compliments on it. SOLD

No comments: