Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Winter Cardinals




I painted these cardinals with the permission of Pat Hemlepp, a photographer. I was inspired by the close ups of his bird photos. I did not intend to copy his images, but rather to use them as referrence and inspiration. I am pleased with this painting, especially how I was able to retain the transparency of the red and yet be brilliant. This will be a gift cmmissioned by my daughter-in-law for her mother. Giclee prints are available in 11 x 15 for $40 not matted or framed + postage. I am limiting the edition to 10 sign and numbered by artist with credit to the photographer. My prints are museum quality, printed on fine art watercolor paper with archival pigment inks using an Epson 7800 printer. They are hard to distinguish from the originals

No comments: